Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer Keeps Closing In Windows Vista!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 midamah

midamah

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 25 August 2007 - 02:20 AM

The error message says

Internet explorer has stopped working

A problem has caused internet explorer to close and so on.

I just got this computer yesterday. There wasn't a problem with internet explorer until I installed firefox, then I unstalled it. I'm sure firefox isn't the problem. I installed other software as well. What should I do?

p.s. I scanned the computer using ad aware, and a-squared and avast antivirus!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ^MavericK!

^MavericK!

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 25 August 2007 - 04:43 AM

Internet Explorer will stop working almost all the time cause a conflict with a Plugin or Active X...

Go to "MSconfig".

Click on Start > Type in "Start Search" MSconfig" (no quotes) and hit Enter...

Go to the Startup tab and look for "OmniPage" and uncheck it...

Go to internet options...

Start > Control panel > Left side of window click on classic view > Internet options.

In "General" tab, and look for browsing history and click on "delete..." Delete all...

Go to "Programs" tab and click on "Manage Add-ons". Add-ons are active-x controls that change the way Internet Explorer is used. These can be toolbars, plug-ins, and other code that can interfere with the operation of IE. Select any suspicious add-on names from the name list and select disable to prevent the add-on code from opening when IE is opened.

Finally go click the "Advanced" tab. Remove the checkmark from "Enable third-party browser extensions (requires restart)",
edit
Also unchek "Enable memory protection to help mitigate online attacks".

Restart and the error should not come back.

These errors are probably caused by browser extensions that were added through spyware or adware.

Maybe a look in here, and posting your log will help if this didn't.

Hope it helps

:huh:

Mav

Edited by ^MavericK!, 25 August 2007 - 06:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users