Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clipping

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 thoraxe

thoraxe

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 25 August 2007 - 01:11 AM

Hey guys,
Got a question I was hoping you could answer.

My computer has been acting a little Fed up lately. When ever I run an application (ie: game or something else) My computer glitches for about the first five minutes, like a skipping CD, I dont know why, and it just started doing this, please let me know what you think the problem might be, thanks guys

J

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 25 August 2007 - 06:48 AM

Open up the Task Manager (right-click on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen and select Task Manager). Watch the CPU column and find out if any process is taking up a lot of CPU at the time of the "computer glitches". Post back and we'll see if we can suggest anything.

Other than that have you done any virus/spyware scans to ensure it's not a malware problem?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Cyb3r_Ninj@

Cyb3r_Ninj@

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 04 December 2007 - 07:19 PM

When you mean clipping or glitching sound, do you mean a clicking sound?

Your hard drive may be reaching EOL (end of life). There is a hard disc inside the drive and a read/write head that scans the surface of the disc search for bits and pieces of files and code strings when it needs to run a program or open a file.

The parts inside the hard drive resemble a CD-ROM and a CD-ROM optical read-write head that scans the surface of the disc. However, unlike a CD-ROM drive which contains plastic parts and a laser reader, the parts inside the hard drive are usually all made of metal - so as to retain elecromagnetic properties, and hence the term "hard" drive. If you are hearing clicking sounds while your computer is attempting to open up files or programs, you might want to prepare yourself for the worst and buy a new hard drive. Also, should it be the case that your hard drive is nearing EOL, back up your files before the drive dies or you could lose everything!
Bill Gates recognizes the skills... so i suggest you start there and recognize them too...
:: digital.ronin ::

| MCP - ID 5646435, other certifications pending... |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users