Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can Not Get Online

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 yorocco7

yorocco7

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 24 August 2007 - 04:49 PM

Okay I have a similar problem. I've talked to a few friends & they said they had same problem in the past. I connect to the web via a simple usb plug (inexq) It searches out nearby networks automatically. It generally finds it & automatically connects to the router. I click on my "Network connection Icon " It say Connects: Very Good, Signal strength:Very Good. I open a browser (both F.F. & E.I.) and can not get online!!! Its been 2 days since I was able to connect via wireless. I've been getting on the same wireless connect for months. I have not changed anything recently. Since Tues I've not been able to get online wirelessly. Will the tips discussed above help w/ this problem too? If I delete the cookies & so on will it delete saved passwords too?
Acer 5738Z - Pent.Dual Core T4200 2.0GHz - 4.00GB RAM - 64-Bit Vista Biz & Win7 Pro -Latest Moz.F.F. & T.B.- Avast!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 25 August 2007 - 01:11 AM

Hi yorocco7,

Can be more specific about the type of error message you are getting when trying to connect to the internet?

Start by clearing old files and settings may be preventing you from connecting to the Internet.

Click Tools.
Select Internet Options.
Click the General tab.
Click the Delete Files button.
When the box opens, put a check in Delete All Offline Content.
Click Okay.
Click Delete Cookies. When you are prompted to confirm this selection, click Okay.
Click Settings.
Click View Objects.
Click View, and then click Details.
If Damaged appears in the Status column for any program file, remove that program file.
Close the Downloaded Program Files dialog box.
In the Settings dialog box, click OK .
Under History, click Clear History, and then click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the selection.
In the Internet Options dialog box, click OK.

Try to browse the Internet.

~Edit~

If I delete the cookies & so on will it delete saved passwords too?

Saved passwords will only be deleted if you have selected that option in the browser.

Edited by TMacK, 25 August 2007 - 12:04 PM.

Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users