Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Popups And Slowwww Internet

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 blackholecar

blackholecar

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:48 PM

MY dad is accusing me of messing up the computer and he told me to fix it. I need help and im only 15 so im not very big on this kind of thing. But there a a million pop ups ( about 3-5 at a time) and the internet is slowing down day by day, i go on the useal websites a 15year old would(myspace...youtube etc.) and somtimes the internet randomly closes itsself with no error or waring message.

please help

my email is XXXXXXXXXXX

Removed members email address to protect the member from "Spambots". ~acklan~

Moved from the XP Forum. ~acklan~

Edited by acklan, 25 August 2007 - 10:34 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Matthew Alan

Matthew Alan

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:54 PM

Sounds like you got you some malware there. Do you know what kind of anti-virus/spyware/adware/etc. you got? You could also try Fire Fox(www.firefox.com) as it has a better pop up blocker then IE(im guessing thats what your using).

#3 blackholecar

blackholecar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:58 PM

im sure its mcafee

#4 Matthew Alan

Matthew Alan

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:03 PM

Do a full scan of ALL hard drives, then see what it finds.

Start > All Programs > McaFee > Security Center > Virus scan > I want to... SCAN MY COMPUTER FOR VIRUSES.

Try it and see whats happens. Be patient as it COULD take several hours, then as little as 10 minutes.

#5 blackholecar

blackholecar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:09 PM

it come up with error saying they cant preform the opperation

#6 Matthew Alan

Matthew Alan

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:15 PM

What is the exact error?

#7 blackholecar

blackholecar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:24 PM

Macafee cannot perform this opseration successfully

MSG:Access id Denied

url://C:\PROGRA~1\Macafee.com\VSO\vsagntui.dull::vsoninst.htm

Line No:412

#8 WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:54 PM

Try to run McAfee in "Safe Mode with Networking".

"To get into the Windows 2000 / XP Safe mode, as the computer is booting press and hold your "F8 Key" which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode" and press your Enter key. Note: With some computers if you press and hold a key as the computer is booting you will get a stuck key message. If this occurs, instead of pressing and holding the "F8 key", tap the "F8 key" continuously until you get the startup menu."

#9 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2007 - 07:12 AM

Visit these 2 links to get more help with removing the crud from your system. Read the topics that are "pinned" to the top of each forum.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users