Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sqlite - What Is It, Do I Need It?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 billie_raven

billie_raven

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:17 PM

sqlite files fill my temp folders and show up on every virus scan. Also when I do my daily back-ups onto external hard drive they can't be copied because they are "in use". They aren't delete-able. What are they and do I need them and if not, how can I get rid of them?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

• Staff Emeritus
  • 2,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:45 PM

QLite is a small C library that implements a self-contained, embeddable, zero-configuration SQL database engine. Features include:

* Transactions are atomic, consistent, isolated, and durable (ACID) even after system crashes and power failures.
* Zero-configuration - no setup or administration needed.
* Implements most of SQL92. (Features not supported)
* A complete database is stored in a single disk file.
* Database files can be freely shared between machines with different byte orders.
* Supports terabyte-sized databases and gigabyte-sized strings and blobs. (See limits.html.)
* Small code footprint: less than 250KiB fully configured or less than 150KiB with optional features omitted.
* Faster than popular client/server database engines for most common operations.
* Simple, easy to use API.
* TCL bindings included. Bindings for many other languages available separately.
* Well-commented source code with over 98% test coverage.
* Available as a single ANSI-C source-code file that you can easily drop into another project.
* Self-contained: no external dependencies.
* Sources are in the public domain. Use for any purpose.

The SQLite distribution comes with a standalone command-line access program (sqlite) that can be used to administer an SQLite database and which serves as an example of how to use the SQLite library.

This is from the SQLite Website:
http://www.sqlite.org/
Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Posted Image

My help is always free, but if you can, please Posted Image to help me continue the fight against malware.

#3 billie_raven

billie_raven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:59 PM

Thanks, SpySentinel. I'll visit their web site to see if I need it, how it got there, how to get rid of it, etc......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users