Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Permissions Issue In Outlook, On An Exchange Environment

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dragnlance

Dragnlance

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 24 August 2007 - 05:04 PM

Ok, here is the situation.
I have one user that has to log onto a computer under a "generic" log-on, as this computer is used by several employees. He has an email address for his own profile, and I was able to setup Outlook to bring in his email. The problem is that he cannot send email in response to those he recieves when logged on the generic profile. (error: you do not have permission to send for this user)

On the Exchange server, I have given the generic logon full permissions on his email box, but it still does not allow the sending of email.

At this point, the only way he can send email, is if he uses the http remote email. The issue with this is that in order for the others to use the same email address, he has to give them his password...

I am not certain what I am overlooking. I have made this same post on Microsoft Technet, but no one seems to know what to do there. (I am MCP) but have never even heard of this issue. Normally changing permissions on the Exchange server corrects the problem...

Thanks for your help

DL

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users