I am trying to uninstall the demon that is DealHelper. I have got instructions on how to do it....problem is - I don't understand the instructions!!
Here they are:
1. Stop all instances of IE or AOL.
2. Kill processes (from task manager) dhsrv and dhbrwsr.
3. Insure TimeSynchornize.exe is deleted
4. go to windows directory.
5. Execute: regsvr32.exe /u dealhlpr.dll
6. delete file dealhlpr.dll
7. Execute: regsvr32.exe /u dhp.dll
8. delete file dhp.dll
9. execute dhbrwser.exe –UnregServer
10. delete dhbrwser.exe
11. execute dhsvr.exe –UnregServer
12. delete dhsvr.exe
12. delete DHun.exe
My first Question.....#4.... How to I "go to windows directory"?
Once there, do I just type #5 -"Execute: regsvr32.exe /u dealhlpr.dll"?
If anyone can break down these directions into EVEN MORE STEP BY STEP that would be much appreciated!!!!!
Moderator Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum and added to the topic descriptor. ~ Animal
Edited by Animal, 24 August 2007 - 01:19 PM.