Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Js/psyme

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Molly=D

Molly=D

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 24 August 2007 - 11:53 AM

Hi,
My computer has JS/psyme when i scan on AVG the free version,But it doesnt remove it ive researched on the net but the only advice is to download all these things and go into safe mode but i dont wnat to do that,I had Trojan Horse back door and wins32/PEPatch 2 and these were moved to the vault,I think i may have gotten these viruses from this file taht someone sent me on MSN which automatically downloaded and nto knowing i opened it and stuff...
Also,
Sometimes when i turn my computer on it goes onto this screen and its blue and it says if thsi si the first time you ahve seen this screen please restart your computer and it says windows has been shut down for the safety of your computer..Its Happened about 5 times this year and my cousin always has to re-format the computer so i lost all my photos and important files
I dont want my computer to break again please help me,PLEASE! :trumpet: :flowers: Im going to go :thumbsup: If it happens again
XXXX

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 24 August 2007 - 12:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2007 - 12:45 PM

Info on the web says that psyme exploits vulnerabilities in programs and your system. So you probably need to update Windows, and Java. It is also reported that psyme downloads "backdoor" malware. Backdoor implies that your system is completely compromised. You should change all passwords and monitor any financial info you may have on your computer such as credit card info, bank accounts, paypal, etc.

Post a Hijack This log in the Hijack This forum. DO NOT post the log in this forum. Directions for posting are in the link below.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Molly=D

Molly=D
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2007 - 05:34 PM

How do i do this?
thanks xx

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2007 - 05:49 PM

Have you read the instructions in the link I posted? If you are referring to updating windows, there is a link in the instructions to "Windows Update".
If you are referring to updating Java, Click start, click on control panel, double click on the "Java Coffee Cup icon", click on the update tab, click on update now.

After that in the instructions for posting a Hijack This log, there is a link in instruction #9 for the Hijack This program. Read the instructions for running the program and posting a log.
If the malware you have blocks you from running the scan with Hijack This, you can locate the Hijack This.exe file on your computer and RIGHT click on it. Choose "rename" and name the file "lastchancescan.com. Then double click on the file to run it.

After updating Java, go to Add/Remove programs and remove ALL OLD java programs.

Edited by buddy215, 24 August 2007 - 06:01 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 Molly=D

Molly=D
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2007 - 03:20 PM

Hi,
Ive fount out which file is infected the only problem is that i dont know how to get to it,
Its in the other account on my computer but im the administarter and taht limited its in teh the temporary internet files but i dont know how to get here to delete the file,
Tell me please thank...
Molly

#6 Molly=D

Molly=D
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2007 - 03:57 PM

Im so glad,
Ive gotten rid of it,
Im going to start scanning my computer about 3 times a week you never know what you can pick up off the internet and im going to keep them at bay,
Thanks for your time XD
xxx :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet:

just doing a bitdefender now to make sure,
xxx cheers (Y)

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2007 - 04:14 PM

Did you update your Windows and Java?
There is never just one file to remove.
Suggest again that you post a Hijack This log.

#8 Molly=D

Molly=D
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2007 - 04:54 PM

What happens if i update?Does it change any of my settings on my computer?
Last time i updated it changed my internet browser and id ont want it to....So i had to do all this stuff to change it back...

#9 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2007 - 05:10 PM

Updating should not change any settings. It is possible what you are talking about is you had IE6 and you now have IE7. On the second Tuesday of each month Microsoft issues SECURITY updates. You need to check for updates each month. The Java security updates are very important, also.

#10 Molly=D

Molly=D
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2007 - 05:17 PM

I will update it , A update is available its called update for background intelligent transfer service(BITS)2.0 and winHTTP 5.1(KB842773) SHOULD I DOWNLOAD IT?
I went to update Java and theres no java in my control panel,=/
There was before it was reformatted now kerboom and its gone,
Computers are HELL!
god,LOL
And how do i do a hijack log?
Lol
:thumbsup:

Edited by Molly=D, 25 August 2007 - 05:26 PM.

#11 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2007 - 05:24 PM

Java download link below.
http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Read the instructions for Hijack This in the link I posted. Do as much of the prep that you can then in step #9 is the link to download the Hijack This program. Save the log and post it in the Hijack This Forum.

#12 Molly=D

Molly=D
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2007 - 05:29 PM

I will update it , A update is available its called update for background intelligent transfer service(BITS)2.0 and winHTTP 5.1(KB842773) SHOULD I DOWNLOAD IT?
downloading java now...
Hopefully all this will work,
Why do people send viruses around its just stupid,
And i will do a hijack fro you tomorrow,
xx Thanks for all your help

#13 Molly=D

Molly=D
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2007 - 05:53 PM

Right downloaded both,
Hijack for you tomorrow,
Nighty night

#14 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2007 - 06:31 PM

Yes, accept those updates. Then go back to the Windows update site and click on the "Express" button and allow Windows to scan your computer for high priority updates.

#15 Molly=D

Molly=D
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2007 - 09:25 AM

Hi,
Ive just got on my computer and theres more updateswhich im currently installing theres a whole list of them there all to do with security and antivirus so,I'm hoping soon my computer will be free of viruses,
Could you tell me how to turn my firewall on?
Thanks Molly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users