Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

removing adware

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Huey

Huey

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 03 February 2005 - 03:04 PM

Hi,
I'm Huey & I am looking for ways to remove harmful adware/spyware from my computer. I've used spybot search & destroy as well as Norton . I shut down my
system restore before trying to remove these particular spyware: DSO Exploit, & Win Pup. They keep returning when I reboot. Any help on this subject would be appreciated.

Mod Edit: This will be moved to a more appropriate Forum. Where it can receive the attention it deserves.

Edited by scarlett, 03 February 2005 - 03:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dalcb22

dalcb22

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 03 February 2005 - 03:26 PM

Try the new spyware removal tool from Microsoft, on www.microsoft.com.

Also try Ad-Aware SE, there is a link on this site in "resources" and go to Spyware & Hijackers, look in there.

If this doesn't work use the Hijack This forum

#3 dalcb22

dalcb22

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 03 February 2005 - 03:29 PM

Err...Sorry. The DSO Exploit is probably not a real problem. Look in the Spyware & Malware self help guide (on this site, in secuirity section), and look for "how to remove the DSO Exploit" It might be on page 2.

Edited by dalcb22, 03 February 2005 - 03:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users