Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which Halo Did You Like Better?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Choose your Halo (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Halo did you like better?

1. Halo 1 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Halo 2 (5 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Have you read any of the books?

1. YES (1 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. NO (4 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

Favorite Weapon? (vote as if dual-wielding for those that apply)

1. Battle Rifle (0 votes [0.00%])

2. SMG (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Sniper Rifle (2 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

4. Rocket Launcher (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Plasma Rifle (Brute included) (2 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

6. Shotgun (1 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

7. Brute Shot (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Plasma Sniper Rifle (0 votes [0.00%])

9. Needler (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Fuel Rod Cannon (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 24 August 2007 - 10:38 AM

Which Halo did you like better? And did you read the books?

Please justify the answer for which Halo you liked better.

I like Halo 1 better because the needler didn't kill you in 3 shots, the levels were each unique and awesome and varying in size. The weapons were cooler, and the Flood was much cooler to fight. It actually ran you through a gamot of emotions, and there was a storyline that Halo 2 lacked. The levels were much less linear and the music really suited the mood. Videos helped to explain what was going on and also had some storyline value. You weren't the Arbiter fighting a rebel Covenant faction? The graphics in Halo 1 may not have been as good, but I hate how the videos in Halo 2 lag on the XBox. The weapon sounds in Halo 2 sound tinny and the weapons feel weak. I hope this covers all the bases.

Edited by Ryan 3000, 24 August 2007 - 12:21 PM.

No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 24 August 2007 - 11:32 AM

I've spent much time palying both those games. i think Halo 1 was more fun offline multilayer, and campaign then halo 2, but Halo 2 has my vote since the xbox live was so great!

Oh, and I read the beginning of the first book so I could sort of write an essay on it for school. I don't like books, and got bored with it.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2007 - 11:43 AM

Just wondering, didn't you think the ragdoll physics in Halo 2 were a little weak?
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#4 TheYoda

TheYoda

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2007 - 12:08 PM

I liked halo 2 better. I played both Halo versions on the PC and on Xbox, and I agree with Sterling, the online play in Halo 2 is significantly better than halo 1. The only thing I like better about halo 1 is that in the PC version, there's Halo CE (Custom Edition) where there are user modded maps, weapons, and entirly new maps. Halo 2 on PC was pretty good, especially since i was able to play on LIVE with xbox players and PC players.

As for the story line, I think you just need to understand that it's like the second act of a three part play. The story line was kinda there to just fill you in on some key details. Once Halo 3 comes out (which i cant wait for), the storyline will make more sense and everything from halo 2's story line will fit into place.

And the ragdoll graphics in Halo 2 just make things more entertaining, for me anyway. When I get pwn3d with a shotgun, its kinda funny to see my guy being flung.

My favorite things that made me choose halo 2 over 1 is the significantly better graphics (and i think you need a new xbox, because none of the videos from halo 2 ever lagged on my system) and the Battle Rifle. The battle rifle is by far my favorite weapon, followed by the energy sword, because its fun lol.

And yes I've read all the books, just so I could understand the story line better.

Regards,
TheYoda

"A coward dies a thousand times before his death. The valiant never taste of death but once." -William Shakespeare

Fold for your future...Help us find a cure.

#5 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2007 - 12:18 PM

When I say lag I mean that in the video some graphics take a very short moment to appear on-screen and sometimes the textures in videos take a second or two to appear. As for online I would go Halo 2 but I like playing the levels over and over. My favorite weapons are the brute shot (same power as energy sword w/ grenade launcher) and the rocket launcher. I'll put up a poll for favorite weapons.

Crap I'm sorry guys the edit reset your votes and you can't vote again... at least I can't vote again.

Edited by Ryan 3000, 24 August 2007 - 12:23 PM.

#6 TheYoda

TheYoda

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2007 - 11:25 PM

Yes it did and no we can't lol.

"A coward dies a thousand times before his death. The valiant never taste of death but once." -William Shakespeare

Fold for your future...Help us find a cure.

#7 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 26 August 2007 - 07:18 AM

Yes playing Halo 2 on any of my friends xbox had that laggy problem. Instead of loading screens the game loaded the cinematics while playing them.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users