Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Terminal Logon Error

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Treikayan

Treikayan

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 24 August 2007 - 10:11 AM

Hello,

I am part of the Domain Admins and Remote Desktop Users group in Active Directory, and I keep receving this error below when I try logging into any domain controller on our network. Does anyone have a clue how to fix this? Up until we mothballed an old DC server, we were not receiving this error. After we added an alternate IP Address to new DNS server (alternate IP was the old static IP to mothballed server), this started happening. Thx. :thumbsup:

Term Service Error:
"To log on to this remote computer, you must be granted the Allow log on through Terminal Services right. By default, members of the Remote Desktop Users Group have this right. If you are not a member of the Remote Desktop Users group or another group that has this right, or if the Remote Desktop User group does not have this right, you must be granted manually."

Recent Changes to our network:
We demoted and mothballed an old domain controller, migrated DHCP to another domain controller, added new DC as secondary DNS server. The old, demoted server had a .11 (last octet) address and was a secondary DNS. We added this IP to new domain controller (as secondary DNS), so we would not have to update the IP Address with the new DC for DNS.

I used Microsoft KB article -- and any subsequent links within -- as a reference for demoting a domain controller:
http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserve...3.mspx?mfr=true
Procrastinate Now!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users