Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can Update Windows Office Xp Service Pack 3

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bill1276

Bill1276

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:28 AM

My computer crashed and I had to reinstall everything on my computer. see this post http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/105127/error-loading-operating-system/
I have got everything back on and have been doing all the windows updates. When I get to the update "Windows office XP service pack 3" I can't get it to work. It brings up the grey box and says "installing windows office xp service pack 3" then doesn't do anything. I have let it run for hours and have tried several times. What could be causing this problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,001 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 24 August 2007 - 10:08 AM

The service pack 3 for XP is a Beta version and is comprised of a collection of hotfixes that are all from Microsoft but some of them have not been tested and there is concern for this causing instability issues. Microsoft has a bad reputation for their Beta versions being left to the public to de-bug, in short if you use a Beta version you get what ever surprises comes with it. Personally I wouldn't install it on my computer.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Bill1276

Bill1276
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2007 - 12:14 PM

Personally I wouldn't install it on my computer.

Good because I can't get it to work anyways. So how do you get it to skip that one and check for other updates. Or is that the last one so I will not see anymore updates.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,001 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 24 August 2007 - 12:57 PM

Wait one...I missed the obvious here, that service pack is for Office, that is not the Beta version, that is a regular up date for office. If you are having trouble with the download uninstall it and try again.

My apologies for misreading you post.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Bill1276

Bill1276
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:20 PM

Wait one...I missed the obvious here, that service pack is for Office, that is not the Beta version, that is a regular up date for office. If you are having trouble with the download uninstall it and try again.

My apologies for misreading you post.

just uninstall it throught add/remove programs? or is there more that I would have to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users