Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Was Going To Try Sandboxie But ....

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mypenry

mypenry

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 24 August 2007 - 05:55 AM

I was just about to give Sandboxie a try
when i saw this comment in another forum....

Sandboxie is free nagware

can some one please explain what the comment
means, and should I forget trying it out ..?

Thanks Mypenry

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Compu-tar

Compu-tar

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:14 AM

Nagware means that though there is a version of the program that is free, it is constantly "Nagging" you to pay a small fee to get more features.
"They say one of a baby's first non-verbal forms communication is pointing. Clicking must be somewhere just after that."

Ben

-Certified Computer Technician-

#3 mommabear

mommabear

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:25 AM

it is constantly "Nagging" you to pay a small fee to get more features.

I haven't tried Sandboxie, but not all nagware is that inconvenient. Some of them may display only a splash screen when you open the program and that has to be closed to proceed. I had one program that was fully functional after a 5 second countdown delay. Once registered (and it was free if you reviewed it on Cnet), that delay went away.

So, I guess what I'm saying is, if you really want to try it, give it a go. To be on the safe side, just make a System Restore and registry backup first to make sure everything is gone, if you do decide the nagware they have is too intrusive.

#4 mypenry

mypenry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:34 AM

Compu-tar & mommabear Thanks for the advice ... Just wondering if any forum members are running Sandboxie and
could comment on it please...?

Thanks Mypenry

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2007 - 12:39 PM

Found this rather negative review at wildersecurity.com
Mark
http://www.wilderssecurity.com
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users