Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo Question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Location:In The Treeline 300 Yards Behind You, Tracking Your Every Move Through A Sniper Scope
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:52 AM

Hi Everyone,

I was looking for an address in my Yahoo address book today and I ran across a whole gang of entries that are like non working. I mean that when you look to the left side of the page there are like three little boxes that you can check to insert an address into the proper place on your email.

Like To, CC and BCC. OK I have a bunch of those things that all three of those boxes are grayed out and I want to know if any of you might know how a name gets into your address book without those boxes working or how to delete them from the address book?

Wendy
TRUST NO ONE...! EXCEPT For The Beloved Computer Geek Helping You In The MALWARE FORUMS.

Do Unto Others Before They Have A Chance To Do Unto You.

HP Pavilion 512n [Rescued from a pile of trash on the side of the road] 128 MB SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, COMODO Anti Vitus and Firewall.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buttoni

buttoni

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 29 August 2007 - 11:41 AM

To delete address/contact, just click the Address tab on your main mail screen. When the list of addresses comes up, just check the one/ones you want to delete and click the Delete button. You're trying to delete them on the pop-up box with the To/CC/BC boxes and you can't delete them from there. Never saw those boxes grayed out, though. Just try to delete the grayed out ones with the steps I just gave and then reenter those contacts anew. Probably a glitch in the system the day they were loaded or something. God knows Yahoo Mail has more than its share of inexplicable occurences lately. Hope this helps.

Edited by buttoni, 29 August 2007 - 11:47 AM.

HP Pavilion desktop p6270z; 8 GB ram; Win7 Home Premium x64 bit; FX 4.0; DSL 2Wire modem/router; MVPS Hosts; Comodo FW 5.3(D+ & Sandbox enabled); MSSE; MBAM on demand.

#3 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Location:In The Treeline 300 Yards Behind You, Tracking Your Every Move Through A Sniper Scope

Posted 31 August 2007 - 06:06 PM

Hi buttoni, Thanks for the reply.

Cool, that's what I was trying to figure out how to find. Now I just have to open two instances of yahoo mail so I can run through the one set of listings to make sure that I'm not deleting a contact that I want to keep.

Yeah, it is weired, I mean I have a whole lot of those buggers on that list that have all three of their boxes grayed out. Maybe it has something to do with people I have listed as friends on 360. I don't know.

I'll be back whining if this doesn't work.

Wendy
TRUST NO ONE...! EXCEPT For The Beloved Computer Geek Helping You In The MALWARE FORUMS.

HP Pavilion 512n [Rescued from a pile of trash on the side of the road] 128 MB SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, COMODO Anti Vitus and Firewall.

#4 buttoni

buttoni

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2007 - 02:15 PM

You're quite welcome.
HP Pavilion desktop p6270z; 8 GB ram; Win7 Home Premium x64 bit; FX 4.0; DSL 2Wire modem/router; MVPS Hosts; Comodo FW 5.3(D+ & Sandbox enabled); MSSE; MBAM on demand.

#5 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2007 - 11:25 PM

Hi buttoni,

Hey, about those names in the address book that all of the little boxes are grayed out... some of those turned out to be messenger contacts, and some of them are 360 contacts but none of them are email contacts... that's why all of their little boxes are gray.

♥ Wendy

#6 buttoni

buttoni

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2007 - 08:15 AM

Glad you figured it out. I don't do IM or 360 kind of stuff so I have never seen what you described in the OP.

Edited by buttoni, 17 September 2007 - 08:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users