Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can Not Start Computer Normally Help!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 CooCo

CooCo

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 23 August 2007 - 06:14 PM

:inlove: i got this program that makes the background changed to a big hyperlink that says: YOUR PRIVACY IS IN DANGER

Then there is some more things, im in urgent need of my computer, especially now when school has started again...

When i turned safemode on, i restarted, then now this sign pops up saying something like: "outside the screensize > 1280x1024

Now, i cant turn my computer on without that poping up, i have smithfraud fix, but it doesnt work unless in safe mode, i get this feeling my computer is 100% lost, its home made with all kinds of upgraded compartments, so i dunno if its dell or whatever, but f8 did not seem to work!

What do i do?

HELP!

and if theres no solution im taking it to this very very computer expert to get the comp updated to vista and get a new harddrive -.-'
Spoiler

Edited by CooCo, 23 August 2007 - 06:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2007 - 06:41 PM

If it is a Smitfraud malware that you have, Super Antispyware will remove it if you can get it installed. It is best to run it in safe mode but try it in regular mode.
Install Super Antispyware. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Please let us know the results.

Edited by buddy215, 23 August 2007 - 06:42 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:25 PM

Download RogueRemover and save to you Desktop. (compatible with Windows 2000, NT, XP, Vista)
  • Double-click on rr-free-setup.exe to install in C:\Program Files\RogueRemover.
  • During the installation an icon will automatically be created on your Desktop.
  • Double-click on the RogueRemover icon to launch the program and select Check for Updates.
  • If prompted, click Download to receive the latest updates.
  • When completed, close the update window.
  • Select "Scan" and the program will walk you through the remaining steps.
Then perform these online Virus scans:
[Watch the Address bar in IE. You may receive alerts that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Install ActiveX component.]
Trend Micro Housecall <- Use "Autoclean" and manually delete what it can't clean.
BitDefender Online Scanner. <- Add a check by "Autoclean".

Edited by quietman7, 23 August 2007 - 10:31 PM.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 CooCo

CooCo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2007 - 12:31 AM

The only thing: i cant get to my desktop OR my internet before the malware strikes and Fuc*s up my screen real badly, ill just have to use my sisters computer for now, and today im sending my comp to an expert, it will cost about 100 euros, but its bloody worth it! i might get some upgrades too ;)

Edited by CooCo, 24 August 2007 - 12:33 AM.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,474 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2007 - 06:59 AM

Before taking your pc into a repair shop you may want to consider posting a hijackthis log. This will help to identify malware files that may be lurking on your system.

So if none of the suggestions we provided were helpful in resolving your issues, please read and follow all instructions in the pinned topic titled "Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log". You may have performed some of these steps already. If you can't perform a step, then skip and continue with the next. In step #9 there are instructions for downloading HijackThis and creating a log. (This is a self-extracting version which will automatically install HJT in the proper location.)

When you have done that, post your log in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum, NOT here, for assistance by the HJT Team Experts. A member of the Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer. If you post your log back in this thread, the response from the HJT Team will be delayed because your post will have to be moved. This means it will fall in line behind any others posted that same day.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. Please include the top portion of the HijackThis log that lists version information. An expert will analyze your log and reply with instructions advising you what to fix. After doing this, we would appreciate if you post a link to your log back here so we know that your getting help from the HJT Team.

#6 CooCo

CooCo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2007 - 08:02 AM

I already brought it to a repair shop, it was appearantly a virus, he cleaned my comp from everything (im not that good so i can :thumbsup:) and now its even faster, the virus was probably some kind of worm or trojan, since it wouldnt let me see my screen, and it woulnt let me get to my desktop, or my files, no matter if in safe mode or not... Thanks for everyones support tough! i could really use this in the future if something like this happens again, or something else :|

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,474 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2007 - 08:08 AM

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved.

To protect yourself against malware and reduce the potential for re-infection, read:
"Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe".
"How did I get infected?, With steps so it does not happen again!".
"The Ten Most Dangerous Things Users Do Online".
"Seven ways to keep your search history private".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users