Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Really Uber Slow Internet Cause Of A Bad Ethranet?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 0v3rcl0ck3d

0v3rcl0ck3d

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:08 AM

ok my grandfathers computer also mine till i get my parts for my build is haveing a really slow internet connection we have cable or what was highspeed cable and now its really slow i called my isp and they tested my modem and said its fine and told me to run a defrag and a disk clean up and i did no resualts also my ethranet cable being reversable i tryed reversing it still no resualts i looked in my connections folder and it says that i have a normal cannection could the culprit a be that the intergreated ethranet is going bad on my mother baord is it time for a new one oh my pc is 2 years old its a gateway 5310s

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2007 - 12:08 PM

Here's a website to check your upload and download speeds and you can compare them to other companies. Just choose the location nearest you
Mark
http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
You also might want to read through this thread and follow some suggestions
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/44690/slow-computer/

Edited by garmanma, 23 August 2007 - 12:14 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 23 August 2007 - 01:00 PM

Do you have a router in the system, or is the computer connected directly to the computer?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 0v3rcl0ck3d

0v3rcl0ck3d
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2007 - 11:40 AM

well i belive i fixed my problem i had consulted one of my friends because i realized that after i had downloaded google earth is wen my internet became slow and he downloaeded it the same time i did and his got slow too so what i did is i delete all files of google earth and did a another defrag on all drives and a disk clean up and them i did a system restore my first test on the link mark gave me my dl speed was 115kbs now after i got rid of google earth my dl speed was in the 8200kbs speeds so i think i found my problem thanks guys

#5 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 24 August 2007 - 03:07 PM

That is very good to hear. Thank you for the detailed description of the problem and fix. I am sure this will help someone else.

:thumbsup:
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users