Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo Icon

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rayal49

Rayal49

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:21 AM

I ran" Super Anti spyware"on my computer as it was not booting correctly and it said I had a Trojan virus.The program then removed the trojan , however since then my "Yahoo uk/Ireland " desktop icon has reverted to microsoft default and no matter what I do I cannot get it back. I can change it or delete it ,and if I call up one of the other "Yahoo" variants I can load the icon successfully to desktop. Can anyone suggest a solution, I know its not a serious problem , just annoying.

Rayal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:42 AM

Try downloading and installing Tweak UI from this Microsoft site. It has an option to rebuild the icon cache, which may solve your problem. Don't forget to reboot.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Rayal49

Rayal49
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 24 August 2007 - 04:18 AM

Solved this one in the end, simply copied all documents, favourites and desktop (except for "yahoo") to memory stick , created new computer account and deleted previous account Then re-instated all data on new account ,downloaded "yahoo" ,set as favourite and desktop icon_ all seems to be ok.

Rayal

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 24 August 2007 - 10:30 AM

Thanks, Lecy, for replying and telling our Members how you solved your problem. You have added to our common stock of knowledge, and your solution may help another reader with the same problem.
Thanks again,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users