Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Tp Play Ps Game On Computer?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pool

pool

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:28 AM

:thumbsup: I juz get some ps game recently but unfortunately i did not own any ps decorder meachine at all... is it possible if i run ps game on my computer using some specific program/software? If can pls tel me where can i download such program so that i run my ps game on my pc...lol...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 solaris32

solaris32

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 23 August 2007 - 03:13 AM

You can use a ps emulator, but those are tricky and I never got it to work. Also, in order for it to be legal, you have to transfer the bios information from your ps1 or 2 that you own, to the computer. This is also tricky.
When I'm asking for help, please explain, in detail, every step. Thank you :).
I have nightmares about computer glitches and bugs.

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:20 PM

Additionally, depending on where you live, the emulator may be illegal.

3939.png

#4 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:37 PM

A Standard Playstation will run you about $20 at any given Pawnshop. Same goes for a Playstation1 (aka mini). A PS2 will run you about $100. Emulators for the most part are illegal as they use hacked code to read the proprietary disc type. I suggest going and buying a PS1 as the gaming experience is far better on the Console then on PC and yet again the PC versions (to the best of my knowledge) are illegal.

there are 2 known (to me) exceptions to the rules and those are the NES and Atari consoles (early 1980's) as the consoles have been out of production for years and the cartridges are no longer supported on any current system. Atari makes is own emulators which can be purchased at most Video Game stores. Nintendo (IMHO) allowed the reverse engineering of the NES console by various companies to promote its Wii retro gaming download service.

Posted Image

#5 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2007 - 05:09 PM

I have an old Playstation, but I tried once to run my games on an emulator...as with solaris32, I couldn't get it to work right. So, I agree that you should just look for a used console. Much less hassle. And as BlackSpyder stated, a Playstation 2 will run PS1 games as well...and they are much easier to find.

#6 pool

pool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 28 August 2007 - 02:52 AM

:thumbsup:
Lol, thanks for u guys suggestion.... i have found a second hand playstation which only cost $50.... It is easier to be use to play PS games.. I dun think i'll need to download the emulator at this moment.. Again i appreciate u guys' comment very much.. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users