Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Domain Name

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 spouthead

spouthead

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:12 PM

Hi,
I was hoping someone could tell me were & how can i setup a domain name for a furture company of mine?
I want a name saved so when i am ready it will be there.
Any help on how to do this would be great!
Thanks

Edited by spouthead, 22 August 2007 - 10:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Noot

Noot

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 23 August 2007 - 12:55 AM

There are a lot of companies out there that can help you! If you are just looking to buy a domain, with no hosting service, you can. Usually though, if you guy a domain with hosting service, the domain is free.

There are a lot of hosting programs out there, so I suggest googling something like "domain names and hosting" or just "domain names". Do some research and find the best for you and your company.

I'd suggest waiting to get your domain when you want to buy hosting and start building your site, or just buying hosting along with your domain because it'll save you money. Domains usually go for $6.95 - $9.95 depending on the place, but hosting, including a free domain, usually runs from $5.95 - $9.95 / mo.

There's GoDaddy.com (They are alright, I suppose).
There is Dreamhost.com (I use this for my hosting and I love them. I've never had any down time and their support service has been great for me. I also have a discount code you can use if you end up using this hosting company, just PM me if you so choose, or I can post it. Either way)

There is also this link. That shows you some other top hosting companies as well.

Good luck! :thumbsup:
Posted Image

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving
that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority."
E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

#3 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:54 PM

I used Dyndns and Iam very happy http://www.dyndns.com/
MCP
MSDST

0 user(s) are reading this topic