Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wonky Windows And Crazy Cursor...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Brandy is Confused

Brandy is Confused

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 22 August 2007 - 04:14 PM

Hello!

A day or so ago, I noticed that the computer was acting kind of strange.
I'm not exactly sure how all of this happened. I DO use Myspace, but I also try to make sure that I run Ad-Aware and virus scans pretty frequently, AND I do utilize Cookie Cleaner. I'm wondering if it's because a friend sent me a text file over AIM for some HTML, or if it was from something else...

Anyway, though, if I'm going to ask for help, I'd better give up the details, huh?

While Running AVG Free Edition Anti-Virus, I had an alert come up for this:

Tojan horse Generic6.UMS

There were 5 things that popped up...4 during a scan, and the 5th later, while I was online, looking for help. These are the two I can remember:

ISSetup.dll
_is10.exe

I can't recall what the others were, but I remember trying to search for them, and all I got were message boards where people WANTED to download this thing so they could play a game of some sort.

Placed in AVG Free virus vault, then wiped clean...said they were "backup files" and unhealable.

Ran Ad-Aware, AVG Free, Cookie Cleaner...downloaded PC Tools Antivirus, to no avail, did not have time to let definitions download. Am working on that currently.

Scanning with AVG Free today at 12:49 AM.......nothing unusual, except that it's taking 1+ hour to scan, when it usually only takes 20.
It seems mostly to be scanning in the WINDOWS section, and it's never taken this long before. I don't remember seeing quite so many files to be scanned, either...finished at 1:54 PM. It also took Ad-Aware quite awhile to scan. Everything came up as "No Errors", but I'm still really wary.

Problems had with virus: when trying to minimize a window, it would pop up again, rapidly. Also, the mouse was double-speed, no matter how much I tried to adjust it in the settings. Also, when using more than 1 window for the same website...when I try to close one window, the other closes, too. The floppy drive lights us and acts like it wants to read a disk, when there's nothing in there to read...online and offline.
Also, when I'm online and trying to load a page (especially bleepingcomputer.com), I'll get an error message saying that the page cannot be loaded - when it's already loaded!

Right now, my machine is actually behaving, which is kind of unnerving.

I was ESPECIALLY unnerved about this because my dad used his credit card online before I ran AVG and this all was detected...I stayed up crying last night, because I didn't know if this was a harmful virus that could yoink his information.

Does anyone have any help/suggestions/ideas?

Thank you!!!!
"Virus Alert!/Delete immediately before someone gets hurt/Forward this message to everybody..." - Weird Al.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,990 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2007 - 04:45 PM

Post a Hijack This log in the Hijack This Forum by following the directions in the link below. DO NOT post the log in this forum.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
Good luck to you.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Brandy is Confused

Brandy is Confused
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2007 - 04:51 PM

Alright, I wasn't sure if I should go straight there, or describe it all here first.

Thank you very, very much=D
"Virus Alert!/Delete immediately before someone gets hurt/Forward this message to everybody..." - Weird Al.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users