Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Automatic Refresh?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:55 PM

Is there a setting that allows me to make either IE7 or FireFox refresh the screen at short intervals so I don't have to click it myself?
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:57 PM

If I remember right, Firefox has an extension that allows you to set the refresh interval for your tabs.
I'll see if I can find it, and post back.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:05 PM

Tab Mix Plus will do that I know for sure. It will also let you do absolutely anything you want to with tab management, so plus there.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1122
Posted Image

#4 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:17 PM

Here is a script for IE, and it refreshes Bleeping Computer forums...change as you need.

(Save in Notepad as autoRefresh.vbs and change the type to "all"

On Error Resume Next

Set objExplorer = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")

objExplorer.Navigate "http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?act=Search&nav=lv&CODE=show&searchid=ba475f9cc6a4f9365f0bdb6e5df9dae2&search_in=topics&result_type=topics&lastdate=0"   
objExplorer.Visible = 1

Wscript.Sleep 5000

Set objDoc = objExplorer.Document

Do While True
	Wscript.Sleep 30000
	objDoc.Location.Reload(True)
	If Err <> 0 Then
		Wscript.Quit
	End If
Loop

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 22 August 2007 - 03:13 PM

Here's the one I was talking about.
Not sure if it's what you're looking for, though.
ReloadEvery

Reloads web pages every so many seconds or minutes. The function is accessible via the context menu (menu you get when you right click on a web page) or via a drop down menu on the reload button

Another one that might do what you want:
Reload Tab On Double-Click

Reload tab when double-clicking on tab.

You can also refresh your tabs, in Firefox, by right-clicking a tab, and selecting either Reload Tab, or Reload All Tabs.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users