Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Realtek Ac'97 Driver Install Error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 majinbejitto

majinbejitto

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:04 AM

Hi,

I accidently bent a capacitor on my X-Fi sound card while I was replacing my motherboard since the chipset messed up, and there's no sound coming out of my speakers, yet the sound card is still detected. Anyways, I'd like to use my new motherboard's integrated sound card, however the driver won't install. I get the error code "-5009 : 0x80040707". I used to have the same Realtek sound card on my older motherboard, but I uninstalled the driver for it once I got my X-Fi. I'm guessing the uninstallation wasn't completely successful, perhaps there are still some Realtek driver files that's causing a conflict with installing the driver. I tried installing the Realtek driver from the motherboard CD and from Realtek's website, but they both get the same error code.

Is there any way I could fix this without reinstalling Windows XP?

Posted Image

UPDATE:

Ugh, I just found out that the Realtek soundcard drivers most likely don't have anything to do with this error.
I'm getting it in "FEARCOMBAT" as well. Can a moderator please move this thread to the proper section?

Posted Image

Edited by majinbejitto, 22 August 2007 - 12:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mand0

mand0

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 AM

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:50 PM

Is the onboard sound enabled in BIOS ?

#3 Andrew D'Angelo

Andrew D'Angelo

• Banned
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 AM

Posted 13 September 2007 - 06:05 PM

i have realtek ac97 use the sound manager or go to www.asrock.com and go to drivers for p4vm890 motherboard, and get the audio driver. thats what i use and it has some great features like a program that has an equalizer and you can do voice cancellation, change key of voice its really cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users