Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant Install Anti Virus

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bastos

bastos

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 22 August 2007 - 07:00 AM

Help!!!

My AVG simply vanished and
I cant install no antivirus

Ive tried online scanners, removing spyware but no results
can anyone help me?

thanks
JB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 22 August 2007 - 07:23 AM

What do you mean by this? Your not finding any malware or your not able to run the scans?

Are you also saying you had AVG installed and now its longer there?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 bastos

bastos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2007 - 07:58 AM

What do you mean by this? Your not finding any malware or your not able to run the scans?

Are you also saying you had AVG installed and now its longer there?

not finding malware

but i only tried sywareterminator, lavasoft, xoftspy, and some online scanners (but some of the online scanners crash the computer during the process)

I cant install Spybot, AVG, Avast etc same error (file or directory doesnt exist ) I think theres somekind of program or process deleting the files after installing them... but i cant figure it out...

yes, I had avg installed and its no longer there...

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,108 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:07 AM

It would be helpful if you could provide the specific error message.

Lets try something else. Download Sysclean Package and the latest Virus Pattern Files - (Pattern files are usually named lptxxx.zip, where xxx is the pattern file number).
Be sure to print out out and follow the instructions provided in the How to Use System Cleaner for performing a scan.
When using Sysclean its best to use the Administrator's account or an account with Administrative rights otherwise you will not have the rights to scan some locations. The scanning process may result in "Access Denied" messages for some files. This is normal because these files are protected by the system. This tool generates a log file (sysclean.log) in the same folder where the scan is completed.

#5 bastos

bastos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:22 AM

It would be helpful if you could provide the specific error message.

Lets try something else. Download Sysclean Package and the latest Virus Pattern Files - (Pattern files are usually named lptxxx.zip, where xxx is the pattern file number).
Be sure to print out out and follow the instructions provided in the How to Use System Cleaner for performing a scan.
When using Sysclean its best to use the Administrator's account or an account with Administrative rights otherwise you will not have the rights to scan some locations. The scanning process may result in "Access Denied" messages for some files. This is normal because these files are protected by the system. This tool generates a log file (sysclean.log) in the same folder where the scan is completed.

It detected and removed

Success Clean [ JAVA_GIMSH.A]( 1) from C:\Documents and Settings\JB\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\61\1d36a3bd-2af14c80
Success Clean [ TROJ_BAGLE.ADD]( 1) from C:\Programas\eMule\Incoming\PowerTCP ZipLite Compression Tool 1.8.3.zip,(PowerTCP ZipLite Compression Tool 1.8.3.exe)

I think it did not remove
[JAVA_GIMSH.A] C:\Documents and Settings\JB\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\61\1d36a3bd-2af14c80 [JAVA_GIMSH.A]

But I still cant install antivirus...

i dont see nothing strange in the hijackthis log...

thanks you very much for your help

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,108 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:34 AM

Your welcome.

i dont see nothing strange in the hijackthis log..

Unless your a trained expert at investigating it, I suggest you post your log in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum, NOT here, and let a HJT Team Expert have a look at it.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. Please include the top portion of the HijackThis log that lists version information. An expert will analyze your log and reply with instructions advising you what to fix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users