The problem starts like this, both my laptop and my PC are hooked up through wireless, and there was this period of time when I kept getting messages from Norton saying that it detected w32.rontokbro.b@mm attacking my laptop (not it's exact words, but you get what I mean).
Initially, I thought that it might be that my laptop was infected with this dreadful virus, and I was trying again and again to remove it, but I keep getting that message. It then dawned on me that it may be the PC itself that was infected, and that it was from there that the worm was attempting to break into my laptop. Right now, I've adopted the policy of not switching both of them on at the same time to prevent the virus from spreading further.
Anyhow, it's a rather tricky problem over at my PC. It goes like this:
1) I can't open any .exe file to scan and try to fix the problem
2) I can't get into SafeMode (every time I try to, the computer reboots after loading all the files for safemode).
3) I can't open the .reg file that changes the registry back to default for .exe's so that I can actually run them
4) Anything that has anything that has something to do with anti-spyware in its title is literally just another button for me to say "restart" now.
5) I know where majority of the worm's the files are, they're in the %UserProfile%/Local Settings/Application Data/ folder, like it says on Symantec's website, but they don't offer any advice as to how I can remove the problem without the use of their products.
6) They are, like always, running in the background and I can't stop them from running, and also I can't get into SafeMode (as mentioned)
I can't even run HJT now.
So... my PC is literally there to get murdered by the worm. Any help/advice is appreciated.
Edited by DarkMind, 22 August 2007 - 06:53 AM.