Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kaspersky With Hamachi Issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 eggway

eggway

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:53 AM

Is there any other antivirus that work like kaspersky antivirus. Kaspersky antivirus detect virus, spyware and adware. I would like to use other antivirus software that works like kaspersky antivirus that detect spyware, virus and adware. The reason for the change is due to hamachi LAN gaming network issue. I tried hamachi without any antivirus, i could connect to every user in hamachi. But with kaspersky AV, i could only connect to some user in hamachi network.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 22 August 2007 - 03:00 AM

Do you have the Kaspersky Internet Security suite that includes the firewall? If so then this is likely a firewall issue and you may have to adjust your firewall settings to allow you to connect to the hamachi LAN gaming network.

You could try AVG Antivirus and AVG Antispyware. They are both free.

But I would try to adjust the Kaspersky firewall before I tried any other products.

Edited by Budapest, 22 August 2007 - 03:01 AM.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 eggway

eggway
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 22 August 2007 - 03:07 AM

I do have kaspersky internet security 7.0, i did try it before. But it was worst, i could only connect to 10% of the user. At that time, kaspersky firewall was set to low security which allow all out going connection and i have set hamachi rules to allow all connection through the firewall.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 22 August 2007 - 03:18 AM

I have never personally used Kaspersky, so I don't know much about how it works. See this page on the Kaspersky Technical Support site for some suggestions.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users