Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Paypal Questions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cor3

cor3

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:19 AM

Hi guys, i have a paypal account that i have never used, because i have never payed for anything with paypal

well, in a few days im about to sell something to someone and there gonna pay me through paypal, well since ive never used it before i dont really know how that would work

do i send the item once i get the money in my paypal account or my bank account?
also what if i send the item and the guy takes his money back or something like that?

any info would be appriciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,693 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:57 AM

Hello cor3,

I'll answer to the best of my understanding. Paypal acts something as a conduit for funds from one person's bank to another person's bank. Some folks can set it up so that this conduit holds a portion of those funds, but that isn't really necessary as long as the buyer directs Paypal to pull the appropriate funds from his/her bank when he/she purchases something. Consequently, what you should look for is the finalized payment in your bank account. If you don't already know what your bank's policy regarding electronic funds transfer finalization, you should look into it just in case the buyer DOESN'T have enough funds in his/her bank account.

Can the buyer pull the funds back? This depends more on the merchant's site rather than Paypal's site. With E-Bay, for example, a buyer cannot pull the funds back (unless the buyer initiates a stop payment at his/her bank before the transfer was completed which would likely cost him/her a fee). The seller would have to initiate a refund. Check the rules and policies of the merchant's website to find out for certain.

Should you send the item before payment or after payment? That is a decision generally made by the seller. In my experience, the seller has always requested payment before sending out the merchandise. Is it a hugely expensive item? In such cases, sometimes merchants will accept half payment before shipping and half when the buyer receives the item. It all comes down to trust on the part of both buyer and seller.

Hope this helps,

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:26 AM

For more info on how paypal works you should check the paypal website. I have used it for years now. Be prepared for them to take like 2.5% of what ever you receive. Once it is in you will also have to transfer it to your bank so you can spend it "offline".

#4 cor3

cor3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:54 AM

Thanks for all the info guys :thumbsup:

#5 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 23 August 2007 - 03:32 AM

You can send the item when the money is in your PayPal account, just be sure to use a tracking number so you can prove that the item was delivered. Believe it or not, a lot of people will claim they never recieved the item, even tho they did, and with no tracking number you can not prove that they have it. Then PayPal will take the money back from you. If you can prove it was delivered then you will be OK. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users