Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie6

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 31 August 2007 - 06:21 PM

may I suggest you post an HJT log in this section http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

to let the experts see if you HAVE picked up something?
reading this link about logs might help
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/25912/unzip-hijackthismake-a-shortcut/

hope this helps

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Location:In The Treeline 300 Yards Behind You, Tracking Your Every Move Through A Sniper Scope
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:40 PM

Hi buddy215, Thanks for the reply Boo.

You said --> I never saw any ads when I got the page where you had to type the jumbled letters and numbers. <-- Thats because those are two different pages. That page has maybe ten links to different Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware providers on it and no box of jumbled letters. If\when I get to either of those pages again I'll link back to them so you can see what I'm talking about.

I just got a clean bill of health from the HJT team so I don't think its any kind of malware. I may give an un-install\re-install a go if this keeps up, thanks for the idea.

Hi ruby1, Thanks for the reply.

*giggling* To me using the Google toolbar is doing a normal Google search but I know what you mean. You asked --> who recommended the tool bar?
<-- I did, I had done a search on my Bellsouth browser a year or so back and searched for Google. Then when the results page popped up I went to Google.com and snagged the toolbar. Everything has been working good until just recently when I started getting those two 'Oops!' pages. I don't think its malware though cause I just got done with a HJT thing and they said that I was clean.

Hi jhsmurray, Thanks for the reply Boo.

OK now I really am starting to think that this is all just one big conspiracy against me that was thought up by the government and is being perpetrated by Google.

I have just spent the past thirty minutes doing random searches and haven't had that 'Sorry' page pop up once yet. I guess that it knows that I'm trying to get it to jump up so its just being ornery and waiting until it knows that I'm really doing some serious searching before its gonna rear its ugly head again.

You asked --> when you see that page, could you right-click anywhere on the white space and select properties? <-- I don't know cause I never tried.
You asked --> Does the address(URL) string begin with http://www.google.com, or something else? <-- *giggling* I have no idea cause I never looked.

I shall, however, be a lot more vigilant and try to answer that the next time that it happens though.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'll try to link to those two pages the next time they pop up so you can see what I'm looking at.

Wendy
TRUST NO ONE...! EXCEPT For The Beloved Computer Geek Helping You In The MALWARE FORUMS.

Do Unto Others Before They Have A Chance To Do Unto You.

HP Pavilion 512n [Rescued from a pile of trash on the side of the road] 128 MB SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, COMODO Anti Vitus and Firewall.

#18 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Location:In The Treeline 300 Yards Behind You, Tracking Your Every Move Through A Sniper Scope
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:43 PM

Hey Everyone,

OK I just tried to do some Googling. I entered the same search word --> SchedLgU.Txt <-- in both the search window in my AT&T IE Browser and in the search window of my Google Toolbar. My browser opened a search results page for me while the Google Toolbar sent me to one of its 'Oops!' pages.

As one of you had said that they had never seen the page with ads on it I snagged this --> http://www.google.com/sorry/?continue=http...%3DSchedLgU.Txt <-- from what IE calls a 403 Forbidden page.

*shifty eyes looking around* I'm really starting to think that there is a conspiracy afoot here.

Wendy

Edited by Wendy K. Walker, 31 August 2007 - 09:45 PM.

TRUST NO ONE...! EXCEPT For The Beloved Computer Geek Helping You In The MALWARE FORUMS.

Do Unto Others Before They Have A Chance To Do Unto You.

HP Pavilion 512n [Rescued from a pile of trash on the side of the road] 128 MB SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, COMODO Anti Vitus and Firewall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users