Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ABOUT:BLANK

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 josmi

josmi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 02 February 2005 - 11:16 PM

How can I get rid of this about:blank browser hijack? I downloaded many spyware removal programs but NOTHING seems to work. I am in desparate need of some help here, this thing is infesting my computer with garbage.

:thumbsup: this is how i feel about this about:blank deal.

and this is how i feel if i were to meet and kill the person/persons who ever created the bug.

:flowers:

thanks in advance for any advice. it is much appreciated.

-josmi

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 02 February 2005 - 11:27 PM

Well, you are not alone in having this problem, if that is any consolation to you. Malware is much easier to get ON your computer than OFF it. Read the information at the pinned topic below about how to post a HijackThis! log. Once posted to the appropriate forum, our volunteer team of experts can help you get rid of it, and perhaps other spyware as well.

Instructions:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/956/how-to-submit-a-hijackthis-log/

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users