Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WIN XP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 redd2

redd2

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 05 July 2004 - 12:20 PM

I have some backgrounds & screensavers that I would like to delete. I have some letters, a spreadsheet, desktop icons, etc. I'm not sure how I got them there, (too much fast clicking I think). :flowers: I need to think before I click.. :thumbsup:

How can I delete the ones I don't want but keep the others?

Thanks
Redd2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bluie

Bluie

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 05 July 2004 - 08:38 PM

If you are running XP things can get saved in the strangest places. Probably best to start with a search for the title of the file, icon, screensaver, etc. XP is pretty good at finding files even if the word you search is not the entire title. You can simply right click on the file in the search results and delete. But be sure it is the file you want to delete. (of course you can get them back from the recycle bin if you haven't changed that setting)

IF it is a program file or an .exe you should not delete without looking first in your Control Panel Uninstall and/or in the folder for the program for an Uninstall.

Edited to add: If the letters are emails they probably won't show up in the search. They are stored within the email program. You will have to open your email and go through the things stored there.

GL

Edited by Bluie, 05 July 2004 - 08:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users