Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgraded To Windows Media Player 11 And Now Can't Play Music

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 want to learn

want to learn

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:39 PM

A friend of mine upgraded to windows media player 11 and now she cannot play most of the songs she has on the computer that she downloaded, is there any way to go back to the player she had and get her songs back? Any help would be most grateful.

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:27 PM

Is there a specific type of music it won't play? Does it not play MP3s, or WMAs or WAVs? If you hover the mouse over a couple of the music files that don't work, are they all of one type? If they are, you can easily convert them to a working format using Erightsoft's Super software.
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#3 want to learn

want to learn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:22 PM

WMA files.but it is showing a red error button next to the songs, first of all we thought they were songs bought and downloaded from online stores, but it is even showing error to songs that have been ripped from CD??

#4 swmofirefighter

swmofirefighter

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 27 August 2007 - 10:06 PM

I am in the same boat. I had version 9 and then upgraded to version 11. Now I can't play any song regardless of type. I just get an error message. If I try to resort back to version 9 I can no longer listen to music in that version now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users