Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost My Log In And Log Out Audio.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:04 PM

Normally when I log in and out of my account I get the Da-Da,Da-Da,Da,Da-Da sound as windows opens / shuts down. For some unknown reason I have lost this function since yesterday afternoon. Everything else including sound on my PC works as it always has apart from the now silence when I sign in / out.

I have checked all my sound settings and can't see any boxes I have ticked / unticked which could have caused this but can't see anything obvious although not being very techie I could be wrong. The strange thing is that the sounds work as normal on my daughters account which also has administrator privileges.

I have done a virus scan and also scanned for malware with AdAware2007 and AVG Antispyware but they only came up with 5 tracking cookies between them. Two things I have done out of the ordinary recently was to uninstall Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Beta and go back to the previous WLM as I was having problems with the Beta version forgetting my sign in and password and not showing my contacts list. The other thing is I have begun to use the call another computer function to talk with my friend in Australia. I have used this function twice.

I use Comodo Firewall Pro, Comodo Antivirus, Comodo BoClean and Spyware Blaster as real time security. I also have SpyBot S&D, AVG Antivirus, SuperAntiSpyware, AdAware2007 which I use manually, all are up to date and used regular. Something tells me it is not a security issue though I just seem to be missing the solution.

Hope someone here can help with this issue and as usual thanks in advance.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:36 PM

Hi, did you go into control panel>sound and checked the sound setting is set to windows default?
MCP
MSDST

#3 bluesjunior

bluesjunior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2007 - 03:34 AM

thanks for that Monty007. I tried that and it is set at windows default. I also cross checked the settings in my daughters account against mine. Both accounts have the same settings but I have no sound while she has. It must be something simple that I am missing.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

#4 bluesjunior

bluesjunior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:56 AM

I have been checking this over and think I have found the problem. As my daughters account works fine I decided to check her sound and audio settings against mine and seem to have found the problem.

When I go to Control Panel>Sounds Speech and Audio Devices>Sounds and Audio Devices Properties>Sounds. On this screen it says Sound Scheme = Widows Default then underneath this there is a heading saying Program Events. In my daughters account the first thing on the list is a program icon with Windows written beside it, Underneath this is a long list of functions starting with Asterisk and through 25 more finishing on Windows Logoff and Logon. This is then followed by Net Meeting, Windows Explorer,Windows Messenger etc.

In my account however I have the Windows program icon but nothing underneath it just the next program icon which as mentioned in the previous paragraph is Net Meeting after that it is the same as my daughters account but the 25 listings from Asterix to Windows Logon are missing.

Does anyone know how I go about restoring these and getting my PC in order again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users