Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

TMPGenc problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jaybird934

Jaybird934

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 02 February 2005 - 10:19 PM

Trying to make a standard DVD movie from an AVI file, I used TMPGenc to encode. However, as I've read is often the case, the TMPGenc audio engine had troubles with the MP3 audio of my source file....therefore the MPG2 output file (while having amazing video) had no sound whatsoever. The most commonly suggested solution to this problem is to use freeware program virtualdub, or ffmpeggui, to extract a WAV audio from the source AVI, then use TMPGenc to create my video file only. Then, combine the two using whatever authoring software (Ulead DVD Moviefactory 2.0 in this case). My problem with this technique is that the Ulead software doesn't seem to care if I use all the available space to write the 4.7 gigs available or not.....whereas before, when the audio and video were combined during the encode, I was assured of using all the space...and having the best possible quality (because TMPGenc is smarter software, kinda). I would NOW have to manually figure out how large TMPGenc should make my video file, so that during authoring when I added my audio it would add up to about 4.7 gigs...and not be over. (perhaps this IS the best way, but I'm a newbie at this...and not even sure all 4.7 gigs are available. Also, I may use this process often, and figured a "pro" would surely do it some other way.) Also, I read several instances where this resulted in audio/video synchronization problems.

hope someone understands this! Is my authoring software no good? Should I try TMPGenc authoring software as well? or something else? or some other technique?

thanks much for any help, Jaybird

Edited by Jaybird934, 02 February 2005 - 10:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 07 February 2005 - 04:13 AM

Download HeadAC3HE from here to encode your audio.

Scroll down a bit further and you will see that there are several bitrate calculators this will enable you to work out a file size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users