Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Save My Computer

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Blue cube

Blue cube

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:27 PM

Hi I'm Blue Cube a Young computer user :flowers:

I'm having some problems with my computer It's been getting slower and slower lately I tried finding anti-spyware but all it does is put ads on my desktop as soon as I turn on my hard drive and to top it all off I it won't uninstall no matter what I do *Sighs* :thumbsup: I can't even see my background anymore......

I really don't know what to do so The only thing I can think of is to ask some else please help me save my computer O,O

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,200 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:37 PM

What programs will NOT uninstall? Any info you can give will help us help you.
Two good programs to scan with are in the links below. Please let us know the results.

Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Run the online scan for Bit Defender in normal mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

How to Start Windows in Safe Mode:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Blue cube

Blue cube
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:47 PM

[quote name='buddy215' date='Aug 21 2007, 01:37 PM' post='599443']
What programs will NOT uninstall?

This so call spy-shredder It keeps asking me to download the full Version But I don't have any money :thumbsup: So all it does is tell me all the spyware my computer has and won't do anything about it unless I buy the full version isn't there any free spyware deleting programs?

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,200 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2007 - 01:21 PM

Spy shredder removal instructions in link below.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/98791/how-to-remove-spyshredder-or-spy-shredder-removal-instructions/

The two programs I listed in my first post are free for the home user to use. You should follow up with them after using the Smitfraudfix in the above link.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 Blue cube

Blue cube
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2007 - 01:47 PM

I see what want wrong I am Thankful buddy :thumbsup: now I'm not sure how to get SmitFraudFix to work and I'm not a pro at computers yet so I just need to get to program it right?

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,200 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2007 - 01:52 PM

Have you reviewed the instructions for using Smitfraudfix in that link? If there is anything you need to ask about those instructions, just ask.

#7 Blue cube

Blue cube
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2007 - 07:46 PM

Have you reviewed the instructions for using Smitfraudfix in that link? If there is anything you need to ask about those instructions, just ask.

well I followed the instructions like it said but I still keep getting bother by that spy-shredder and I still can't see my backgroud but My computer seems to work faster I guess maybe I forgot something?

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,200 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2007 - 07:55 PM

Super Antispyware will remove a lot of smitfraud malware. The link for that is in my first post. Be sure to run it in safe mode.
I am assuming you only ran the Smitfraudfix tool.

#9 Blue cube

Blue cube
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:12 PM

Super Antispyware will remove a lot of smitfraud malware. The link for that is in my first post. Be sure to run it in safe mode.
I am assuming you only ran the Smitfraudfix tool.

well then I do that right now your good at assuming things :thumbsup:

#10 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,200 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:39 PM

If after running Super Antispyware you still have Spyshredder, go back to the Smitfraudfix instructions and review the manual removal. Follow steps 1 thru 17.
If that doesn't remove Spyshredder then try the program Rogue Remover in the link below. The problem is that Smitfraud changes the file locations/names daily and the removal programs are always a step behind.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/rogueremover.php

#11 Blue cube

Blue cube
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:26 PM

Finnally I'm free of Spyshredder and free of all that Junk :thumbsup: thank you for helping me out Buddy the only problem I have now is my wallpaper It never came back if I download a new one will it show up in my desktop?

#12 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,200 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:48 PM

Right click on your desktop and choose properties. Then choose desktop and see if your old desk top is in the selection.
Have you ever seen the images from the site below? If not, check them out. There are some really great images there that you can use for backgrounds.
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html

#13 Blue cube

Blue cube
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:04 PM

ok then I can say everything is back to the way it should be and I can fiannlly get back to work on my computer once again thanks Buddy215 :thumbsup:

#14 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,200 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:28 PM

I take it you got your background back. Good.
There is one more thing you can do. Set a new restore point. The restore points on your computer are infected and if you need to restore at a later date you could reinfect your computer. It just takes a minute to do. The tutorial for that is in the link below if you need it.

Turn off system restore. This will remove all restore points since some are infected . Turn system restore back on.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-xp-system-restore-guide/

#15 Blue cube

Blue cube
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2007 - 05:30 AM

I take it you got your background back. Good.
There is one more thing you can do. Set a new restore point. The restore points on your computer are infected and if you need to restore at a later date you could reinfect your computer. It just takes a minute to do. The tutorial for that is in the link below if you need it.

Turn off system restore. This will remove all restore points since some are infected . Turn system restore back on.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-xp-system-restore-guide/

Done and Done :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users