Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Networking Down

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fleamour

fleamour

• Members
  • 297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:08 AM

My Win2k laptop can access my network but only sees itself. When trying to view workgroup computers on my XP tower I get this message:

"#### is not accessible you might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available."

I have just updated my Zoom X6 firmware. (Also Firefox reset itself today losing all my bookmarks?!? Annoying :thumbsup: . I am scanning with Panda Virus now.)
ASRock Conroe (micro ATX) - Ubuntu 12.04/Win 7 Ultimate (x86)
Intel C2D E8400 3.0GHz/low profile Noctua (single fan)
4GB OCZ DDR2 RAM, GeForce GT220 1024MB

Vintage IBM-T21 laptop, Xubuntu Lucid LTS
512MB KingSpec RAM, 1GHz CPU [T22 Fan], Wireless-G PCMCIA, 7200RPM HDD

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fleamour

fleamour
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:56 AM

Well the administrator error was caused by the not allowing exceptions tick box in windows firewall. But two computers although they can ping each other, cannot "see" each other when I search for computers on the network.

Edited by fleamour, 21 August 2007 - 09:56 AM.

ASRock Conroe (micro ATX) - Ubuntu 12.04/Win 7 Ultimate (x86)
Intel C2D E8400 3.0GHz/low profile Noctua (single fan)
4GB OCZ DDR2 RAM, GeForce GT220 1024MB

Vintage IBM-T21 laptop, Xubuntu Lucid LTS
512MB KingSpec RAM, 1GHz CPU [T22 Fan], Wireless-G PCMCIA, 7200RPM HDD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users