Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

From Xp Home To Professional

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ligiya

ligiya

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:00 PM

I put the professional disk in and told it to install without first formatting C, computer has (had) xp home , now it is looking for some igfxext.exe intel graphics media and will not continue, how do i get out of this so i can install the software, i am very software challenged please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:59 PM

I'm guessing the Windows setup program is looking for the Intel video driver for the display. You can either skip the driver installation install it after Windows has finished installing, or you can see if you can find the file it's looking for in the previous XP installation in C:\Windows\system32 or C:\Windows\system32\drivers
(Assuming C: is where the copy of XP Home was residing.)
Posted Image

#3 ligiya

ligiya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2007 - 01:17 AM

it wont let me skip it i tell it ok but it keeps coming back and then freezes the mouse and the keyboard, i dare not hit cancel tried that already

#4 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2007 - 02:46 AM

Try looking for the file it's asking for in the places I mentioned, or if you have restore disks try looking for the file on there.
Particularly, if this is a Dell machine and you have the disks for it, you may have a disk marked Driver CD that should have the appropriate files on it.
Posted Image

#5 ligiya

ligiya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:07 AM

its one i built with an ASUS board with on board video, i will locate the mother board disk and try that next thanks, will let you know how that comes about in pm tomorrow

#6 mme

mme

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:50 AM

you could erase your harddrive(ZERO IT) using boot and nuke

download it from here.... http://dban.sourceforge.net/

then install your windows

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users