Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Burning A Dvd?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 redsox25

redsox25

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:27 PM

I consider myself pretty computer savvy but i can not figure out how to burn a DVD... I was able to burn video's from my hard drive but i cant burn from a DVD... As far as i know there is no way to Rip a DVD to my hard drive. Does anyone know a program that i can download (for free) so i can burn a DVD.. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:50 AM

I use DVD decrypter 3.5.4.0 to copy and write DVD's. it's an old version but it works like a charm. They tell me DVDfabdecrypter is the newer version.

To copy a DVD to your hard-drive; click "mode" (top toolbar) "ISO" then choose "read". Choose a destination of course. (click the folder opposite "please select folder"). Then click the play button at the bottom.

To burn a DVD; click "mode" > "write", Click the folder under source, opposite "please select file" to locate the ISO file you just made. Double click the ISO image (ignore the mds file)
insert a blank DVD and press the play button, and your all set. This is assuming that your ISO image will fit on a standard DVD. You may need a program to shrink it to fit a standard DVD. They say DVD shrink will work. Since I never copy protected DVD's I really can't tell you how to do it. I do a lot of legal on line trading. All the DVD's I copy are legal.

Edited by 12x48y, 22 August 2007 - 06:52 AM.

#3 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:11 AM

Redsox25 >> I was a bit confused with your post. Do you want to make/burn your own DVD with video files already on your computer or do you wan to COPY a DVD e.g make a copy of Spiderman?
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#4 redsox25

redsox25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2007 - 04:08 AM

Redsox25 >> I was a bit confused with your post. Do you want to make/burn your own DVD with video files already on your computer or do you wan to COPY a DVD e.g make a copy of Spiderman?

I know how to burn a movie from my computer... thats easy... but i was wondering how to make a second copy of a spiderman or w/e... if that makes any since... Thanks for the help and 12x48y, Ill give that a go in the near future and let you know if i have any problems

#5 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2007 - 09:39 AM

DVDfabdecrypter might be better than Dvddecrypter for backing up newer DVD's. I backed up my grandaughters "Monster Inc" we bought for her. And I'm glad I did, because the original is ruined. She never puts DVD's back in the case.

Edited by 12x48y, 27 August 2007 - 09:40 AM.

#6 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 27 August 2007 - 05:04 PM

Well 'ripping a DVD' is easy, get hold of DVD Shrink or as 12x48y said, DVD decrypter (older version). You'll have your DVD backed up in no time!
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#7 redsox25

redsox25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:09 AM

Im going to bring this thread back from the dead( ya for rhymes)
So i actually got my lazy ass around to doing this (wooot only 11 months) and i actually have another question (or maybe it was my original lol)...
Now that i have backed up my dvd, is there a way to play it on my computer? Right now its just a bunch of IFO, VOB, BUP, etc files...
THanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users