Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rest In Peace Little Angel

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Cozy

Cozy

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:56 PM

I was sent this video and decided to share it with everyone here. It's so heartbreaking to hear about such a thing happening to this little child. Especially knowing that this kind of thing happens on a daily basis, yet we barely even hear about it. We see these "stars" on t.v. who drive while drunk, who get pictures taken of them acting obscenely, etc. It just amazes me that people are more informed about these so called "stars", and know so little about these innocent children.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://kelseyspurpose.org/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:00 AM

I don't know what kind of person could kick a 3-year old in the gut. That's the kind of person that deserves jail. I don't think that a life sentence is fair, but her stepfather deserves those 30 years he is serving. I wonder why he kicked her?
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:41 AM

This type of inmate will get his do in prison, other inmates categorize this kind of person along with pedophiles, I wouldn't want to be him in prison, it could cost him his life.

We had a stepfather in our local news that beat his two year old nearly to death because she wasn't behaving like he wanted.

In these instances I believe that the punishment should fit the crime.

Edited by dc3, 22 August 2007 - 02:41 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Cozy

Cozy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2007 - 02:53 PM

I don't know what kind of person could kick a 3-year old in the gut. That's the kind of person that deserves jail. I don't think that a life sentence is fair, but her stepfather deserves those 30 years he is serving. I wonder why he kicked her?

I don't know why he did or even why her mom allowed it. There are a number of "reasons" why people abuse there child/ren, which none of coarse are legitimate "reasons" because there are none in my eyes. 1. Like DC3 said "she wasn't behaving like he wanted", 2. Alcohol and/or drugs, 3. Take there frustrations out on them, 4. A way to get back at the other parent.

#5 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:54 PM

Thanks for sharing this Video,'Cosy' So sad that this lovely Child never had a chance in life. All four points mentioned are often used, as a child is defenceless. They are often used as Pawnes,even in custody battles,with the child,s welfare not even taken into consideration.
Here also,there's an unwritten code amongst inmates in Jails.You molest a child,and in Jail you are known as a Rock Spider,or if you harm Children in any way,you have a good chance of not making it out of Jail alive.

#6 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:45 PM

That's pretty cool that people in jail maintain a code of honor.
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#7 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:00 PM

Hmm...I don't really think there could be a code of honor in jail. It is indeed sad however that the justice system sometimes just isn't sufficient enough.

I don't think its appropriate for people to be murdered in prison and justify it as acceptable punishment. That's just me.

#8 ussr1943

ussr1943

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:47 PM

Things like this happen everyday, people die of something just so stupid, leaving a child in a hot car, starving to death, curable desieses,people are raped, and murdered, yet the media covers paris hilton going to jail, and the latest star's DUI.

Makes you think.
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns."
"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards -- and even then I have my doubts." --Eugene H. Spafford
"One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter"

#9 Iodine

Iodine

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:36 AM

A life sentence wouldn't be enough for the monster that killed her, she's gone forever and he's supposed to get his bum (if he lives through prison) out in 30 yrs, big deal. They may as well have slapped him on the wrist as far as I'm concerned.
Tell me and I forget ;Show me and I may remember;involve me and I"ll understand.

#10 athelos

athelos

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:44 PM

This video actually made me feels sick. It made me think of my neice whos around the same age. How innocent she is (though abit of a terror at times) and it made me think what i would do to someone if this happened to her. Now this is my neice, if it were my own daughter?!?! Lets just hope the police found him/her before i did. I also belive in an eye for an eye and hope that this creature gets what he deserves in jail.
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.
--Charles Schultz

#11 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:11 PM

I don't believe this sick person deserves the death penalty. That's the easy way out. Death is an easy escape. Ask the Japanese from WW2, or the suicide bombers from the Middle East. They don't care about dying. They do it all the time. They are more afraid of torture.

And by the way today's prison is a luxury compared to where some of these criminals today come from. Some thug who sales drugs on the streets in Florida or California or where ever (in da hood) find the steady life of prison almost luxurious, compared to what he grew up with. So what if he lost a few freedoms, he gets 3 meals a day, a shower, a play ground, and exercise.

Anyways I think someone sick like this should go to Arizona or NM (where the one prison is outside in tents). I forget who runs it or what state it is in, but I think something along those lines are more reasonable for prison.

#12 JacksonT

JacksonT

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2007 - 10:55 PM

May the lord allow her to rest in piece she deserves it more than any one else.

Edited by JacksonT, 22 September 2007 - 10:55 PM.

#13 Computers Kill

Computers Kill

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2008 - 11:10 PM

I may get my head chewed off for this one, Or possibly even a "Then Why the Hell did you post." But.. This Topic is just like the news in the sense that its... Dirty Laundry. Like Usr1943 put, these things happen everyday, and its freakin' horrible.. But.. It happens.

And my opinion on this matter, is, the man should've never had a little girl if he couldn't handle the responsibility and the frustrations that come with one. I have a little girl myself, and I'm living with a girl with two children from another relationships. There are times where I want to get away, and there are times when I feel like my mind is melting with frustration, but if I didn't think I could handle it I wouldn't be here still, Or atleast they would be out of my life.. But I my love for children far overcomes any frustrations. The simple fact is, if you live without love, you go to prison. No love for yourself or others... Drugdealer, Killer, Rapist. No love for others, and only yourself.. Same effect, only add Narcissism, and both have a little misanthropy. anyway you put it Just love and be happy and look at what you got.. Try not to focus on things like this, its gut wrenching, and the more we focus on it the more crazy thoughts we have, paranoid delusions we have, sorrow and sadness to the world, we have.. A never-ending cycle. So.. Dirty laundry sucks.. Yah.

Rest in Peace lil' one.
Condolences.. Ryan.
If I could float to space, I would... But instead I'm stuck in cyber space.. And its killing me. X_X;

#14 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:53 PM

While I could be wrong, it appears that 'famous' (or infamous) people sell more newspapers than common everyday events, in general. And surely we have our fill of all the above noted horrors that happen to 'everyday' people to read, as well.

When I first ready this story about the darling wee girl, I was (as always) filled with frustration that for all our 'civilized' society, we are still truly 'animals' capable of the most horrifying deeds - and virtually stand little chance of having a violence free society.
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#15 funniebunnie

funniebunnie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2008 - 04:42 PM

You know, I really don't understand the mindset of someone who can harm a defenseless person (old or young). While I don't believe in the death penalty, I sometimes feel there should be a special exception made for these kinds of people. There's simply NO defense for kicking a child, or throwing your baby in a microwave or raping and robbing an 89 year old woman.

If we're supposed to be judged by how we treat the most vunerable of our society, then, sadly, we're going to hell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users