Follow the generic instructions for using SmitfraudFix
in BC's self-help tutorial
"How to remove the Smitfraud/Generic Zlob
(scroll down to where it says Removal Instructions
If you already have a copy of smitfraudfix, make sure you re-download and use the most current version as the tool is frequently updated.
Next download RogueRemover
and save to you Desktop. (This program is for Win XP, 2000, NT only)
- Double-click on rr-free-setup.exe to install in C:\Program Files\RogueRemover.
- During the installation an icon will automatically be created on your Desktop.
- Double-click on the RogueRemover icon to launch the program and select Check for Updates.
- If prompted, click Download to receive the latest updates.
- When completed, close the update window.
- Select "Scan" and the program will walk you through the remaining steps.
If your problem continues and you still need to post a hijackthis log, please do this.
Some variants of Vundo malware will hide
certain entries in a hijackthis log to prevent detection so yoy need to rename HijackThis
. Open the HijackThis Folder, find the HijackThis.exe file, right click on it and select rename. Type Analyze.exe
and hit "Enter". Double-click
on Analyze.exe (which is still HijackThis). If needed, change
to something else such as .bat
, or .scr
. Example: Analyze.bat
Note: The "Analyze This" button is for use by TrendMicro and DOES NOT mean "Analyze My Log". You will need to post your log in the forum.
- Choose "Scan" and HijackThis will analyze your system.
- When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button. Press that and when the Save logfile window opens, use the drop down box to save the log in the same folder as Hijackthis. At the bottom make sure the File name is hijackthis.log and Save as type: Log files (*.log).
- In the Hijackthis log, go to the top menu, click on "Format" and UNcheck "Word Wrap" if checked. Then click "Edit" > Select All > "Edit" again and "Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log and paste it into a new topic in the HijackThis Forum, not here.
If you cannot post the log from the infected computer, save it to a usb stick and transfer it to another computer. Then go online and post it in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum
, NOT here
, for assistance by the HJT Team Experts. A member of the Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer. If you post your log back in this thread, the response from the HJT Team will be delayed because your post will have to be moved. This means it will fall in line behind any others posted that same day.
Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. Please include the top portion of the HijackThis log that lists version information
. An expert will analyze your log and reply with instructions advising you what to fix.Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.