Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adware Tutorial

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 huMAC

huMAC

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:40 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/use-ad-aware-2007-to-remove-spyware/

On that tutorial it said to download Ad-Aware SE, but the download link is for Ad-Aware 2007 Plus. I was following the steps to kill some popup but I was stuck at the part, would someone help me out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Maabsta

Maabsta

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:53 AM

Ad-Aware 2007 Plus is just the newer version of Ad-Aware SE. It is widely debated over which one is better but I would say to stick with 2007 while you don't have any sentimental value with SE (because SE will be losing support if it already hasn't). There are small differences but nothing that a few minutes of dinking around won't solve.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:51 AM

You can still get Ad-Aware SE here and download the updates manually from lavasoft.com/support.

However, I would recommend that you download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users which IMO does a better job.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 Alan D

Alan D

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:09 PM

I would recommend taking a careful look at the posts in the Lavasoft forum before you decide about installing AdAware 2007:
http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showforum=146

(Quietman7's suggestion about Superantispyware is excellent advice.)
Windows XP Home SP2; AVG 7.5 Internet Security Suite (AV/AS r.t.p, and firewall); Windows Defender (r.t.p on); SuperAntispyware Free; a-squared Free 3.5.0.15; Spybot 1.4 (Immunised, but no Tea-timer); AdAware SE Free; AVG Anti-Rootkit Free; Spywareblaster; MVPS Hosts file (with HostsMan); McAfee Site Advisor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users