Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Will My Motherboard Recognise A 320g Hard Drive ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 welshpilot

welshpilot

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:55 PM

hello all
upgradeing my pc , and i would like to fit a 320 g hard drive (Seagate ST3320620A 320GB Hard Drive 7200RPM 16MB Cache - OEM) ttogether with the 150 i allready have , ( the machine curently has a 80g h/d as well but this is comeing out ) my question is will my ASUS P4S8X-X motherboard work with it , i have been told that it may not recognise it ?? also should i use that bigger h/d as my main drive or will it make no difference ??
thanks in advance
Bryan Wales U.K

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xx66stangxx

xx66stangxx

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:01 PM

It should recognize it wouldn't see why not, personally I would use the bigger harddrive as your main drive and use the 150g to store extra files and ext. I use my 500g as my harddrive and my 200g to back up all my itunes music and ext.

#3 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:01 PM

I don't think that motherboard should have any difficulty seeing a full 320GB drive. You'll want to be running Windows XP SP2 or Win2k SP4, though.
(edit: or Vista, Vista would see it just fine out of the box.)

It doesn't matter too much which drive you use as your main one, but I like to us a smaller drive for my OS and save my data to a larger hard drive since my data takes up much more space.

Edited by arcman, 20 August 2007 - 02:02 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users