Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics Card For World Of Warcraft

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Teal

Teal

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 20 August 2007 - 12:38 PM

we have a Dell Dimension 2400.
Intel Celeron CPU 24.2 ghz Processor.
1 GB Ram
WINXP Home. and an
Intel 82845G/GL/PE/GV Graphics controller
..standard stuff from Dell. we can play WoW but only when we dull down the graphics and then the screen is choppy. besides getting a new computer (probably NOT a Dell ) what would you suggest we could upgrade the Graphics card to

Moved from the XP Forum. ~acklan~

Edited by acklan, 20 August 2007 - 12:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 20 August 2007 - 12:58 PM

Blizzard says it works on a nVidia 64MB FX5500. I would suggest a 6 or 7 series card as they can be had for under $100. Tom's Hardware recommends the 7600GS as the "Best Card for the Money" under $100. If you can expand on what price range and AGP or PCI-e connection I'm sure I can narrow your search down. Tom's Hardware Best Graphics Card For The Money Aug. 07

Posted Image

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:03 PM

I have a Dell dimension 2400, and it has no PCIe x16 slots or AGP. With my computer I got a PCI slot ATI Radeon X1300. If thats too much money I'd suggest getting an ATI 9250.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814103031
Best PCI slot card.

Heres the best one if your looking for something cheaper. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814102533

Really though PCI graphics cards aren't that great, and an x1550 for a PCIe x16 slot would cost probably half the price and be better.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#4 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:34 PM

And for the love of God don't get one without a fan. That's a performance drop waiting to happen. The one Sterling14 recommended is great for what you want.
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users