Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dssagent.exe

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AnnaLea1271

AnnaLea1271

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:54 AM

Hi! I am having trouble loading a cd for my daughter entitled Arthurs Thinking Games. When I get to the install part it starts to download then is stopped with a message saying something about Dssagent.exe. It asked something about allowing something called Brodcast-I've tried checking this box to allow, and not checking the box. The actual message about the dssagent says SEVERE Cannot open input source. From file: E:/Install/Brodcast/Dssagent.exe
Current file:Dssagent.exe.

I've loaded several learning Cd's from this company for my daughter with no problems before. I'd really appreciate some help with this, as my 4 year old is about to drive me crazy so she can play her new game! LOL! ;-)

Lea Ann

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:12 PM

That file is by Broderbund. It should be included with their software.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:33 PM

Maybe try installing it in safemode. Some games are such a pain to install. Make sure the CD's clean with no scratches. You could possibly try cleaning the CD lens. Most stores that sell CD's sell them. They have tiny brushes that spin against the lens
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users