Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

User Account Disappeared!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 greenspace

greenspace

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 19 August 2007 - 11:22 PM

Hi,

My computer had an administrator account (name: "Administrator") (no other account on computer) which was loading directly. Yesterday I made a new user account (GreenSpace) with administrator rights. But then I noticed that all my works were in the previous "Administrator" and so I wanted to delete the account GreenSpace and put everything back as earlier. The problem is, now when I log in as "Administrator", I do not see the remove account option for GreenSpace. Also, when I start my comp, it is GreenSpace which is shown as the only choice to login. But when in Safe Mode, I get to see both GreenSpace and "Administrator" as account choices to log in. I tried to remove GreenSpace by loging as "Administrator" in Safe Mode, but the Remove Account option is not available for GreenSpace. How do I put things back to normal. Can anyone please help?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 20 August 2007 - 12:00 AM

with xp pro, the default admin account is hidden and usually only accessible from safe mode, this is by design since you can delete your personal admin account

when something goes wrong during an install of xp what you had is often possible but not desirable

It's best to have a hidden admin account with password set, simply transfer your files to another location and then reboot and put them in Greenspace's my documents

Edited by DaChew, 20 August 2007 - 12:00 AM.

Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users