Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Xp Professional Bsod

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lanathecat

lanathecat

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:40 PM

Hi guys. I'm having problems with my laptop. I took it with me on vacation a month ago and I installed some drivers on it to get some pictures off of my digital camera. All of the drivers that I downloaded came from the Canon camera website. Anyway, I have not used my laptop since my vacation and when I tried to use it the other day, I got the blue screen of death. I uninstalled all of the programs that I installed for the digital camera while in safe mode, but I still get this error message. I'm lost. The message that I get is:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

RDR_FILE_SYSTEM

If this is the first time you’ve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced start up options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x00000027 (0xBAAD00A3, 0xEF730A58, 0xEF730758, 0xEF98FF97)

*** mrxsmb.sys – address EF98FF97 base at EF96F000, DateStamp 3d6de287

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

I would appreciate any advice you can give me.
Thanks,
Ashley

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhsmurray

jhsmurray

• Members
  • 383 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:50 PM

If you have system restore running, you could try to bring it back before the Canon installation. Other than that, I'm not sure - maybe System File Checker (sfc.exe) would help, but I havent rreally used it all that much so I would wait for someone else to respond regarding that. Anyways, good luck. :thumbsup:

Acer Aspire 5732z
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon, 2200 MHz
RAM: 3 GB
Display: Mobile Intel GMA 4500M

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:12 PM

Although this is a Win2K article, it applies to XP: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290185&sd=RMVP
One solution (from this link: http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0x27 ) is to add more RAM.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users