Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Not Genuine

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ousy

ousy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 19 August 2007 - 10:53 AM

this keeps comin up everytime i switch my comp on and its preventing me from getting latest downloads and it has only started doing this since i downloaded a movie from limewire which gave me 187 virus's so now my comp is ultra slow at everything,

really frustrating as it was perfect before someone said to go to limewire

i have now deleted that and done the tutorials on here so eveything is up to date except the windows not genuine thing

any help how to get rid of this would be much appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 19 August 2007 - 11:05 AM

Hello ousy and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

If you have a genuine copy of Windows see this Microsoft site for more information.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 19 August 2007 - 11:11 AM

Also see the site Genuine Microsoft Software FAQ.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#4 ousy

ousy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 19 August 2007 - 11:12 AM

Hello ousy and :flowers: to Bleeping Computer.

If you have a genuine copy of Windows see this Microsoft site for more information.

hey bud thanks for the welcome :thumbsup:

i already did that validation thing it came up a list of things said it all passed then it went to a new screen and said its not genuine but it must be it was perfect before that limewire :trumpet: :inlove:

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 19 August 2007 - 11:17 AM

Do you know your original product key? And was the product key that was generated by the WGA Diagnostic Tool different? If so you can change the product key back to the original product key using the Windows Product Key Update Tool. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp/...structions.aspx
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users