Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing Sp3 From Sp2

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 taenamo

taenamo

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 19 August 2007 - 06:10 AM

guys...

if i install the window xp sp3 and my current is sp2.. will all my files from the hard disk will be delete???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:29 AM

Short answer is no, it won't It is a good idea to empty all cookies and temp files, and scan with your anti-virus program and Malware scanner before installing any service packs
Mark

Edited by garmanma, 19 August 2007 - 09:30 AM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:48 AM

By SP3 do you mean the leak of the unreleased beta that has been circulating around recently? I wouldn't let that thing anywhere near my machine.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,030 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 19 August 2007 - 11:31 AM

This beta version of SP3 is a collection of hotfixes, these are all Microsoft fixes but some of these have not been tested and could cause stability issues. I agree with Budapest, I wouldn't download that to my computer.

This is another example of how M$ releases their new software, they release it in a beta form so the the public can find all the bugs for them at the expense of the general public.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 taenamo

taenamo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 19 August 2007 - 01:03 PM

ok tnx.... i want to upgrade it becoz i want my my microsoft office be 2003..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users