Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DivX - avi file out of synchronization

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SparkyM

SparkyM

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 02 February 2005 - 02:31 PM

Hi there,

I am new to this formum and require some help with my Windows Media Player 10. I have XP.

For some reason DivX avi files are playing out sync on my Media Player. Only usually when the DivX logo is on the screen. It looks like it is playing slighty to slow, but barely noticeable. I have download the Nimo and DiVx codec and my media player automatically updates its codec's. My knowledge really ends here and I am very stuck! I would really appreciate some advice.

Many thanks in advance
Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HuckerJ

HuckerJ

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 02 February 2005 - 08:22 PM

It sounds like WMP is the problem. Try a different media player like VLC(better choice) or Winamp. If the media player isn't the problem, you could try using VirtualDub.
In VirtualDub, open (Ctrl+O) the .avi file and under Video, click on Direct stream copy. Under Audio, check Source audio and Direct stream copy. Then, in Audio select Interleaving (Ctrl+I). Enter an offset and press ok. Then under File, select Save as AVI... (F7) and save as a different name.
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary notation, and those who do not.
Posted Image - It plays, it streams, it kills WiMPs!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users