Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Smart Ftp Client

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mocca

mocca

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 PM

Posted 19 August 2007 - 04:16 AM

Hi guys how you doing?

i have down loaded FTP to have a guaranteed file transfer by using the services of TCP. and i tried to connect with a remote computer. the protocol is Normal FTP. but it gives me the following error and says that

" An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine."

but i don't understand what kind of software i have. so please guys help me how to resolve this problem.

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mocca

mocca
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 PM

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:00 AM

Hi guys how you doing?

i have down loaded FTP to have a guaranteed file transfer by using the services of TCP. and i tried to connect with a remote computer. the protocol is Normal FTP. but it gives me the following error and says that

" An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine."

but i don't understand what kind of software i have. so please guys help me how to resolve this problem.

thanks

#3 Noot

Noot

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:47 PM

Hi!

I had to do some researching, but I found other people were/are having the same problem as you and from what I've been able to gather, it is either your virus protection or firewall. You'll want to open up the Block/Allow processes area in either one of your virus/firewall programs and you'll want to make sure your FTP program is allowed.

Also, if you are using, VS.NET 2005 and your web application is using the ASP.NET Development Server (instead of IIS), the process name to add to the excluded processes list is: WebDev.WebServer.exe.

I hope that helps!
Posted Image

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving
that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority."
E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users