Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! Spyshredder

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kimberlymark

kimberlymark

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 PM

Posted 18 August 2007 - 11:48 PM

How do I remove this yucky monster. It has taken over my desktop and I keep getting all of these pop ups. I tried to remove it from my programs, but it keeps telling me that the program is in use. Please help!

Kimberly

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RichieUK

RichieUK

Malware Assassin

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 19 August 2007 - 04:41 AM

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum Kimberly :thumbsup:
My name is Richie and i'll be helping you to fix your problems.

Download Combofix and save to your desktop:
Note:
It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop

Close any open browsers.
Double click on combofix.exe and follow the prompts.
When it's finished it will produce a log.
Post the entire contents of C:\ComboFix.txt into your next reply.
Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running.
That may cause the program to freeze/hang.

Do NOT post the ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt unless I ask.

Download Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2 to your desktop:
Double click on HJTInstall.exe,it will prompt you to extract hijackthis.exe to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis.
When the install is complete,HijackThis will automatically launch.
When the license agreement appears,select "I Accept" and then click on the "Do a system scan only" button.
When the scan is complete,click on the "Save Log" button,then save it to your desktop.
Copy and paste the entire contents of that log into your next reply.

After posting the log you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised.
Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted.
Further, any modifications you make may cause confusion and could complicate any/the malware removal process.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users