Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Run Any Executable Or Bat File On My Desktop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chetty

chetty

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:51 PM

Hello Guys,

I am new to this forum. My computer suddenly started giving me problems. Any executable I try to start such as Windows Explorer or Word or Excel, I get this same error "Windows cannot access specified drive, path or file. YOu may not have the appropriate permissions to access the items". This is wierd. I am the admin on my machine. I cannot also access the Control Panel User Accounts. I can execute commands such as regedit, msconfig or even start up my command window. I wanted to use the System Recovery disk provided along with my computer, but it wont start up and I am assuming it is because of the problem starting up exe's and bat files.

So please give me suggestions on what to do and if I have to reformat my hard drive and reinstall the OS, I would appreciate your help in giving step by step instructions on how to do it.

Thanks
Chetty

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,713 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 18 August 2007 - 11:31 PM

Have you tried doing a last known good configuration? If you aren't familiar with this process this article at the Microsoft web site will explain what it is and how to use it.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users